Signs are everywhere!
As such, businesses require impactful building signage in order to set themselves apart.
In fact, over 35% of customers first notice a business by its signage. Building signage can convey layers of important messages to your audience. These messages will lead to a purchase decision if certain characteristics are present.
In this article, we have put together four tips for you to consider for your building signage.
1. Keep it simple
There is beauty in simplicity.
There is also tremendous practicality in simplicity. This is important, especially for people who are on the move. The time it takes for a sign to deliver its message to a viewer is usually just a few seconds. Maybe less.
Simple building signage conveys its message immediately. Designers usually achieve this with:
- Symbols. Like your logo, a symbol contains many layers of meaning wrapped up into a single image.
- Minimal text. People are on the go and have little time to read, especially when it comes to building signage.
- Negative space. Space and simplicity go hand in hand. Space allows your audience to ‘fill the gaps’ on their own.
- Visual hierarchy. Makes a sign graphically pleasing to the brain. Achieve simplicity while you allow the whole of your voice to come through with impactful building signage.
2. Choose the right colours
You might be asking, what are the right colours?
The right colours are the ones that evoke the feeling you intend to inspire in your audience. Even though each person perceives colour uniquely, it is usually the case that there are right and wrong colours to choose.
This is especially true in the case of building signage. Make sure to choose colours that are associated with the emotions you want to convey.
A professional building signage company like ProCloud Marketing can help you to select the right colours for your next great sign.
3. Consider fonts carefully
The fonts you choose to embody the written portion of your message is just as important as the message itself.
Once you have covered what message you want to convey with your words, ensure that your lettering is:
- Readable. It must be clear enough to read within a reasonable distance.
- Consistent. A mix of typefaces might sound creative but it is usually a bad idea to mix typefaces when it comes to building signage.
- Brief. Say what you need in as few words as possible.
4. Consistency is key
Consistency in your building signage transmits a sense of confidence in your business to your audience. You achieve a stronger position in the minds of your audience by being consistent with colour, form, and graphical elements like symbols and shapes.
Consistency is also conducive to cohesion.
Signage that reflects the same theme across other mediums makes for powerfully memorable and impactful statements.
Reach out to the professional building signage design team at ProCloud Marketing today!
Contact ProCloud Signage About Building Signage Design, Print & Installation
ProCloud Signage offers the best quality custom building signage to businesses & companies all over Brisbane. Our team of designers create outstanding, memorable custom designed signs for buildings that’ll make you stand out in the jungle.